Warmer weather

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Warmer weather

Post by romanyrose » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:33 pm

G'day chaps, well after Robin said he would like some pictures of home made campers i thought i would get the roof up on my 24volter 109 and give her a tidy up after moving her round to it's new home at my bungalow :wink: .

Because my roof was given to me by a now member of the series 2 club and knowing i would put it to good use i first had to make the brackets to hold down the roof so using alloy plates and bonnet catches off a series 2 i now have something that is not only different from everyone else but they were in one of my little sheds and in my mind look better that the rubber type that looked to be an original fitment :whistle: .

The larger of the three windows in the roof was broken and for what ever reason the lip had been cut out so it was a case of finding something to go in it's place which just happen to be a larger that the hole part of thin alloy sheet from a VW elevating roof this was sealed and bolted in place but i then found some fibre glass so used that with the view to taking the bolts out at a later warmer date.

How ever getting back to lifting the roof yesterday i managed to lift it three quarters of the way up then put in some props at each end to let it stretch at it's own place so the rams will click into place but unfortunately time moved on and although i sort of cleaned her out a bit the wind got up and the night set in so pictures will follow later another day so sorry for that and we will speak another day. Catch you later R-Rose :cactus: .