A Big Thank You

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

A Big Thank You

Post by romanyrose » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:56 am

As the title say's really to Robin-Patrick or however else it might concern for working and putting up this Forum, it's thanks to you guy's who have helped me in the past, my reading-writing or the understanding part of the old brain box has recovered more than I could ever expected.
I know mine/our hobbies have been a big part of this along with the patience of my lass, the success on here allows me to be able to tinker on my truck's for my form of therapy to make my body work without thinking about it. Being unable to go to work as per normal people I thought I would never come to term's with but I have just about anyway.
To be honest I am nearing retiring age now but I have now been able to move on and help other's who are less fortunate than myself and don't understand the working's of our hobby. Being able to repair are truck's or just get the most from being able to do it yourself I was lucky to have been taught by my late father who was a qualified Mechanical/Electrical Engineer of a very highest degree.
Yes I guess I was lucky but I was taught by my late father even though he suffered a mental breakdown while studying for his stripes. I was only a small boy then but I know it was not a nice time but luckily he got over it and went on to teach others which of course included me after his 22 years in the Royal Air Force. As an outworker he travelled all over the world for Ruston Gas Turbines before finally finishing his working life teaching in Indonesia.
Unfortunately all that jetting off all over the world took it's toll on my best mate/father and he suffered a massive stroke, now this really took it's tole on my dear old dad and to be honest although he was able to tinker I remembering him struggling with only the use of one arm.
Now this is where HEC the 88 comes into it which I saw on my travels and bought it for him to play with, I took him to look at it and he was like a child at Christmas which made my day I can tell you so I bought it and A framed it home.
My mother was not happy but that truck gave my disabled father a reason to get out of bed, and to be honest it made me a very happy man seeing my father with a big smile on his face for the first time in a very long time, to be honest it was FANTASTIC.
This is a very long story but a true one, it also made my late father a very happy man, of course it also made my day seeing a smile on his face that had long disappeared due to his issue's.
At this moment in time after hauling mountains of landrover gear to it new home the old gal is having a bit of a make over, believe me the mildly tuned HEC 88 petrol is having a rest but will hit the road again but maybe with a rebuilt diesel I have sitting and waiting. Catch you later. Romany Rose :tiphat: .
RMS

Re: A Big Thank You

Post by RMS » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:00 am

Thanks for that post Brad.

We know and respect what you have done, and are still doing, for others, and hope you stay in good enough health for a long time so you can continue with your hobby and helping others.

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: A Big Thank You

Post by romanyrose » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:32 pm

Thanks for the reply Robin, to be honest it meant a lot :shrug: I have no idea why but I will be going to bed a happy man.

Catch you later. Brad :tiphat: .