Sorry i got excited

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Sorry i got excited

Post by romanyrose » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:55 pm

G'day chap's, i think i am really loosing the plot and i got excited about more pictures and information about these odd ball machine's :embarassed: .

Typical of me. Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Re: Sorry i got excited

Post by romanyrose » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:48 pm

G'day chap's, would my 24volt come 12volter qualify for this, with it's lift up roof and everything one could ever need on a camping trip :shrug: . Although I have a trailer tent instead of my small caravan to pull behind this old gal, with being a petrol pulling anything uses a bit more petrol so I have a small diesel to play with.

Yep! another 2-1/4 diesel with a motor that will have been played with a tad along with another set of Zuess timing gear's, although on the HEC,s diesel with only part of the fitting instruction's she is a tad smoky {Blue Unburnt Diesel} so I guess a tooth out but then one lives and learns.

The reason I said a tooth out :whistle: is i might be wrong due to it being a blue smoke and a little if any compression knock, but in my defence at the time I was fighting a few battles some of which I won't go into but concentration was almost impossible at times.

From what I remember I came across some fitting instruction's for Zuess Gear's but they where not very readable, this proved a problem to the understanding part of my brain that was damaged before they fitted a verical shunt in my brain to drain the excess fluid that had built up due to spina bifada.
{Excess fluid in ones brain drain's down your spinal column-mine can't because of the deformity}

Sorry I was trying to avoid that bit but now you understand, to be honest I just need to talk to get my little rover a tad less Smokey with a bit more knock, having said that though am I expecting to much :embarassed: .
The motor was stripped completely and is spotless inside and out, the crank was ground on the big end's but the main's were good, the block I used is spotless but bored once, I have very good but older type piston's with the extra scrapper ring in honed bores with new standard main's.
The cylinder head as usual I played with and is spotless with new guides cut seat's, I refaced the valves and cut the seat's then ground the valves in a touch, the hot spot's were tight and clean so I assembled the old motor like a doctor in surgery which in my mind was very therapeutic.
The motor along with a new clutch was fitted and to be honest I was in my element at ease with all the issue's I have, trying not to rush due to excitement was a wonderful feeling but then the time came will she fire up.
To be honest I remember being like a child at Christmas, with everything piped up and wired up I gave here a spin over even though I rebuilt it using engine oil it was just to make sure everything was lubed and had got a drink of diesel.
I had fitted the new type heater plugs with a recon injector pump and injector's, I set the had throttle so it was just above tickover gave her some heat and turned the key :thud: I was lost for word's but had lung's full of smoke as she FIRED UP.
Yes maybe hard to believe but HEC was ALIVE AGAIN :woohoo: I just couldn't believe it, although to be honest the blue smoke and lack of a diesel knock I guess mean's the pump timing is a tad retarded :shrug: at least she ran.
The only problem I have now is this was before I moved homes 5 year's ago although I have turned the motor over I have never fired her up since, to be honest I had to ask my lass when we moved round here WOW! doesn't time fly.
If you have read the above I am open to offer's of help verbal wise because of the issue's I have, answers on a post card :whistle: or could you please reply on here

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:05 pm

Well I thought I would wait a while just to see if I got any replies from anyone one near to me :shrug: but it seems I might be asking to much :wink:, but having said that my Zuess paper work for setting the fuel pump come timing is in one of my safe places :embarassed: :banghead: .

Unfortunately for me I have quite a few safe places but I also have a very bad memory due to the old issue's in my excuse for a brain, although tom be honest when I had the paperwork I read it to a friend so he could help me decipher what I had said and I could then possibly understand.

To be honest I thought I had got it right, but with the gears being Helical to me anyway I had a bit of trouble and got a tad confused although to me that is nothing out of the ordinary :stars: . Due to not hearing well on the phone and being unable to travel these days in a car :embarassed: could I ask for some help please :wink: .

Whether it is applying for the fitting instruction or even helping to set the gears up so the timing is correct :bow:, to be honest with a bit of heat the rebuilt motor fires up but with quite a bit of blue smoke and not a lot of compression knock. Mind you the motor is or was spotless inside but from what I remember I fitted good old pistons with the extra oil scraper ring at the bottom of the piston.
Is there anyone out there that could give this old type traveller a had please, I must admit I don't like asking for help but my bag of bones has seen better days and the understanding part of my brain took a bit of hammering during surgery a good few years ago now so I struggle on the best of day's.
Unfortunately the form of spina- bifada
The very bottom oil ring's on the skirt of the pistons have been ran in a motor before, but the ring gap is OK also the 4 piston's are not new but again the ring gaps along with the ring grooves are OK. I put her together with a lot of thought and patience and to be honest with a bit of heat and a good battery she turned over and fired up :thud: , yes I nearly did and was amazed but the blue smoke was an issue with the lack of compression knock that I remember anyway.
I must emphasize if that's the proper word apart from the smoke I am surprised it ran at all because of the confusion on my part trying to work by instructions.

Yes to those that don't know me may laugh at my lack of understanding paperwork :embarassed: but at least she fired up but that's as far as I can go regards the motor without help, this was my first land rover due to having to have a rest from my real love of Classic Bikes, well to be honest I have had this Chop since I was sixteen but that's another story and a very long one at that.

I just hope someone can help please, it's not nice being like I am these day's but where there is a will there is a way so I have been told. Sorry to go on but I just had to ask just in case there is a wiz kid/chap out here that would like to play with my 1958 Matchless that I have owned since 1968 and does 108.2 mpg at 50, I fitted heavyweight flywheels, an old type big end, mag come alternator and that's just to name a few of the I did on the old gal.

Sorry chaps I have to go, my bed is calling because my bag of bones has had enough for one day.
Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:.
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed May 02, 2018 1:28 am

G'day chap's, I have to ask if there is anybody who knows and lives near me in Hykeham that is good with a camera :shrug: . Unfortunately I can master most things in life :whistle: , apart from the workings of a camera and how to put pictures which is way past the caperabilities of my old brain box.

Now they say a pictures say a thousand words or something like that :shrug: , now my question is there anybody near me that is good with a camera that can take pictures or even maybe teach me how :embarassed: . Although I work slow I change from truck to truck so I don't get stale or ideas that crop up are for a different stage on another truck.

I must stipulate my trucks are far from standard and are built around my personality and the way I live my life when on the road. Having done this time of travelling for the best part of my life it did start off at the age of 16 on my Matchless chop with dose bag and battered alloy frying pan strapped to the six inch overs.

Now this chop has covered 24700miles since 1968 at 108.2 miles per gallon at 50mph and believe it or not that battered alloy frying pan is still with me today but now in the back of one of my campers. I could go on but just wondered if it would be of any interest to others along of course with a picture of my waist coat that's covered in rally badges of years gone by.

Romanyrose is what I have been known as since the late 60's, firstly because of my rosy cheeks and the fact I never knew my destination on either my chop or latterly in my landrover campers. If I can get someone to take the pictures and load them on here it might be of interest to some :shrug: . Catch you later. Romany~Rose now in his later years of life :tiphat: .
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:49 pm

I'll miss you and your excitement, mate.
To infirmary and beyond!
wagoner

Post by wagoner » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:18 pm

End of an era, what a life, I hope where you are mate you're on a long forked and high bars chop, with the sun on your back,catch ya later bro :cheers: Wagoner