WANTED: 109 Rear Window Catch

Please post items for sale or wanted here. Land Rover or items specific to camping only.
PhilC

WANTED: 109 Rear Window Catch

Post by PhilC » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:19 am

Hi,

Bit of a long shot as I've been told by suppliers that these are now obsolete, but I'm trying to locate one of the rear sliding window catches for my 109 Carawagon (it was missing when I bought it).

The part number is 332325 and it's the shorter of the two catches:
series_station_wagon_side_window.png
series_station_wagon_side_window.png (47.75 KiB) Viewed 9425 times
Hope this makes sense and someone has one lying about they might wish to part with.

Cheers,
Phil
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: WANTED: 109 Rear Window Catch

Post by romanyrose » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:35 am

G'day matey, that's not a long shot at all the only part that goes missing is the roller shaped like an egg :embarassed: but i guess that describes it which will be the hard bit to find for me anyway :whistle: and because i had some made years ago i guess it will be a tad frustrating as one is no good without the other.

My helper is my parts man and will be here at the weekend and will be more help than me due to only owning the stuff :laugh: but if you get one before fair enough.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
Peaceand

Post by Peaceand » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:10 am

Hi Phil,
Funnily enough that was missing on my Carawagon too - and it was Brad (the wonderfully named RomanyRose), who found a spare one for me too.
They are easy to fit, but like he says beware the pin that tends to fall out and hide under things.
Thanks again Brad!

best regards,
Patrick
  • Holly - 1972 Searle Carawagon Continental Ultimate (200 TDi)
  • Basil - 1969 Searle SWB (Prima TD)
RMS

Post by RMS » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:21 am

I think I had to make at least one pin for your catches, Patrick :embarassed:

Easy enough to make though - I think it was 4mm or 6mm rod, cut to length and the ends rounded.

Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:00 pm

G'day Patrick, that's nice of you to say so but i think helping each other is a big part of what life is about very much like today when i had a couple come visiting so by helping one member it looks like i might have helped two in one hit :whistle: .

Although i like my double burners i am afraid i like a small oven as well which i build my interiors around so i can have the best of both worlds but my trucks as most who know me realize originality i don't really bother about :wink:

I must say i do find helping others make one feel good it also helps me treat myself to a few other goodies that make my trucks what they are.
Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
PhilC

Post by PhilC » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:41 am

Hi R-Rose, Patrick, Robin,

Thanks very much for the offers of help and useful advice; I must admit I wasn't expecting anyone to get back to me so quickly.

You're in danger of making me optimistic about the possibility of making a camping trip in my Carawagon sometime in the not too distant future :laugh:

Cheers,
Phil
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:07 pm

G'day matey, just bare with me having reluctantly sold a 109 ambulance i am having to empty it before pick up on Saturday but it is full from roof to floor and front to back although i have made a start at unloading the trinkets it's finding somewhere to put the stuff :laugh: .

I called it a night after coming across a nice smooth suffix C series two gearbox that i slid down a plank from the body to the floor ending up on some old carpet put a cover over it packed up and went in for a brew very tired or words to that effect :shakehead:.

More tomorrow after a bit of tucker and a good rest.

Catch you later,An aging Silver back that's body has seen better days R-Rose :tiphat: .
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:00 pm

romanyrose wrote: i like a small oven as well .
Hi chaps, just spotted this oven line.

I have an oven for sale or swapsies if anyone is interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpbsvx3ts6qq8 ... 6.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7f01w1fjeftuw ... 8.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba2oeme49lnuw ... 2.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1lqynzexvrco ... 7.jpg?dl=0

Sorry if this is off topic and apologies too that Im still using drop box.

Photo bucket is a bit beyond me at present.
To infirmary and beyond!
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:48 pm

Hi Phil

I think I have a couple of spare catches (I know there is one in the dash of WWD), but I know the brass pin is definitely missing in that one. Will look through my boxes tomorrow.

Anything else you need, ask now. Sheds full of very important Land Rover spares or as my wife would say, scrap.

Cheers Mick
PhilC

Post by PhilC » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi Mick,

That's a very kind offer and just goes to show that your Land Rover parts are very important :mrgreen: . As it happens I was just about to send off to Paddocks or the like for a few things so if you have any of the following I'd be most grateful:
Window Locks (part no 332435) - mines a series 3 and these are for a series 2/2a but it used to have some of these fitted:
windowlock.jpeg
windowlock.jpeg (4.25 KiB) Viewed 9357 times
I'm also after the series 3 dashboard fascia (mines badly cracked and held together with a bit of scrap) and the plastic bit that goes down the right hand side of it (where the heater controls are):
fascia.jpeg
fascia.jpeg (4.75 KiB) Viewed 9357 times
Is it possible you have a Fairey Overdrive stashed away in there ??

Many thanks,
Phil