Re: Peterborough 2017

Post by RMS » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:17 pm

PM received and replied to :cheers:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Jimmy74

Post by Jimmy74 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi All, I'm popping back to Blighty next month and I was intending to go to the show. If ok with you all I will come and find you to say hello.
RMS

Post by RMS » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Certainly :cheers:

Do you know where our stand is? Let me know if you need a map.

Cheers,
Robin.
(Robin on S2C forum)
bigdave
Info: Elizabeth 1967 Carawagon

Post by bigdave » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:24 pm

I trust everyone got home safely...
RMS

Post by RMS » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:56 pm

I got home just after 7pm - held up on the A1 just past Doncaster, but only for 15 mins or so.

Steve, Patrick, Gordon & Mark all set off at the same time as me and peeled off at their A1 junctions - I'm assuming all got home safely.
It must have been an unusual sight on the A1, three Carawagons and two Dormobiles all in convoy :cheers:

We also swept past John towing his Esterel just before Doncaster.

It's a shame the whole weekend wasn't as nice, weather-wise, as today!, but altogether a good weekend with 6 Carawagons, 3 Dormobiles and a 109" camper on the stand, plus Gordon's Dormobile just on the edge on the S2C stand. Our best turnout ever and we filled the stand nicely, I think.

A shame I forgot to take any pictures :stars:

Thanks to all who joined us, and those who visited the stand.

Cheers,
Robin.
(Robin on S2C forum)
Dormy
Info: Sleeping on the job.....Zzzzzz

Post by Dormy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:35 pm

RMS wrote:A shame I forgot to take any pictures
I only took a couple - they were of the Dormobiles, but then I am biased !
IMAG0006.JPG
IMAG0007.JPG
Also, not forgetting the two couples with Dormobiles who were in the public camping section and joined LRCC after visiting us !

The heavens opened yet again just after I left - but fortunately I was under Mr. Sainsbury's fuel station canopy at the time. Got home at 6.30pm without further mishap or holdup.

Thanks must go to Robin for organising yet another successful LRCC attendance - blame the organisers of the event for not booking sunshine !

Ian
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:43 pm

G'day Robin, as you know i think anyway Marty was kind enough to take me in his Free lander just so i could get a small fix of being among my friend's and series truck's :wink: , what would have made people laugh was me having a panic attack in the front of a cramped free lander while belting along the A1 :aaagh: .

I normally wear short's for this reason, but with my lass saying you can't go looking like a tramp i for a change took notice :shakehead: not again! but on the funny side it must of made peoples mind's boggle with a free lander in the outside lane with a guy built like a gorilla struggling to take his trouser's off because he can't breath.

Although i had a great time thank's to Marty taking me and Cath and the navy boyz along with Robin and friend's making sure i got settled with a brew and the like i had a fantastic time as did Marty, so for that i thank you :wink: and we had a great day.

Having bought some nice trinket's which i think i left in Robin's truck i or should have said we had a fantastic day on Sunday :tiphat: , regard's the panic attack's i had another on the way home so off with the trouser's again so it ws a good thing we didn't get stopped.

You might wounder why i have panic attack's :shrug: , this all stemmed from when i was a lorry driver and at the time sweeper driver so you can imagine what i got in he back body, dead rat's cat's and dog's that had been squashed beyond recognition on the road's. Not a problem i thought at the time but when i got in the back to retrieve a lump of wood blocking the suction tube the hydraulic hose that open's the rear door burst trapping me inside while tipping in the middle of know where :aaagh: .

I didn't really like small confined play's at the best of times but this blew my mind away and a panic attack set in, believe me i got strength from some where and managed to open the rear door enough to squeeze my bulk of a body out.

I washed at the side of the road using a fire hydrant while filling with water i then went home for a shower, while explaining what had happened my foreman thought it was funny, this is when i went ballistic and nearly laid him out if it hadn't been for my work mates holding me back.

I must admit there was a good thing came from my instant after my boss phoned the company that makes Johnson Sweeper's that are now built with a locking mechanism in case the hose ever blow's/fails again.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
overlander
Info: Carawagon Junkie

Post by overlander » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Bloody good show I thought but there was a lot of it and I didn't get round all of it. Many people came on the stand, both strangers and friends including Jim who built the S3 that I now own and several others that I've met on my travels. Loved to see the First Overland S1 that was recovered from St Helena. An outstanding collection of Carawagons and Dormies on the stand. Champion. Adventute Overland this weekend, must travel before I unravel.

cheers

John H
wagoner

Post by wagoner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Well what a brill weekend ,to hell with the weather what a great time with great people all sharing a common interest ,and what a club stand I dont think I,ve seen so many campers ,just great to be involved great to see big Dave , and Steve many thanks to all for a cracker trevj
Viamphie
Info: Mad as a bag of frogs

Post by Viamphie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:38 pm

It was good seeing you all and having some good conversation. We may have convinced Scott to sell is VW camper in preference to a Landy one :nana1: just got to convince SWMBO :banghead:
I'm not really as bad as I make out. Despite what people say.