Dormobile roof

Anything about Classic Land Rover Campers
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Dormobile roof

Post by romanyrose » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:23 pm

G'day chaps, although at the time when i acquired my roof i had a safari roof fitted and was happy with that then the Dormobile roof came along although it had been been cut about a bit the two windows were in place but will need new rubbers now i would think :shrug:.

Anyway the large opening vent had been cut out so i fitted a sheet of alloy over the hole and bolted it in place then with filler shaped and smoothed the filler but in the center i fitted an extractor fan from a Citroen ambulance but it also blows and the switch that goes with it came from the said ambulance.

The bellows of the roof was a tad stiff so i waited till a very hot day before going ahead and lifting it and although a couple of corners will need a bit of attention it's other wise sound but my plans have changed and i have an Oz-tent and a couple of awnings.

Does anyone want to do a part exchange which will include fitting the roof :shrug: one of the reasons is given above the other is i am struggling these days and just like to tinker :embarassed: it also might help someone out while helping me so just thought i would ask :whistle: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:

PS i almost forgot there are some pictures of the roof up somewhere on this forum{By MY own Hands} i think :shrug:
gossamer

Re: Dormobile roof

Post by gossamer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:44 pm

Its a shame it wouldnt be easy to put on my 110.

:shrug:
To infirmary and beyond!
RobW

Post by RobW » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Very interested as the Land Rover roof on mine is damaged, but the fibre glass section is in fairly good order. Can use that while I get the other one fettled and then sell/pass on the parts to the next person.

What are you after? Only slight issue is I'm not sure the base vehicle would make the trip to Lincoln for a month or so - need to figure out which light is causing the dashboard to glow.....

Mine currently has a slightly messed about standard 109 lid, the Dormobile roof is in the local garage!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:41 pm

G'day matey, sorry for not getting back to you sooner but my weekend has been hectic to say the least having let an ambulance go but in return have replaced it with a project that i hope will be a better downer than the previous vehicle that the chassis was to far gone and broke in two while moving it :aaagh: but that's another story :laugh: .

I was hoping someone would just be after a roof and willing to change it because lifting is out of the question now and to be honest i was happier with the safari roof i had before but situations change having lost my Father along with a massive move and loosing my two St Bernards the camping side of it is me and one dog also my lass prefers a caravan that i have always towed behind for her.

I must admit to using the caravan because i need warmth but to be honest being cosey in my ambulance-109 or 88 campers i prefer when i just get through to the back body make a brew and crash out.

Another preference is i prefer to be on the move which is what i hope to get back to although i enjoy gatherings with good friends although some times solitude my dog and nature are a mans best friend it also costs very little and sometimes just fuel.

I hope you understand what i am trying to say as i had a good roof let it go and would just like another :shrug: although the navyboz have sheeted her down well for me if and when someone came along as long as she is watertight and looks OK that's all i am bothered.

You are welcome to come and talk face to face about the situation if you would like the kettle is forever boiling.

RobW

Post by RobW » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:04 am

Hi Brad, think I followed. Trying to figure out our corporate strategy so my brain isn't up to much at the moment!

My 109" Carawagon currently has a standard roof with a spare wheel carrier on it & a couple of holes for aerials. If you're happy to swap that for the Dormobile roof I certainly won't complain; equally if you want some cash let me know. No problems helping fit my roof to yours - makes getting the Dormobile roof home easier too!

Got one window in at the weekend. Just need to do the other side (should be quicker as we know what we're doing!) and figure out why the charge light is on..... Are you in a rush?
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:42 pm

G'day matey, i don't rush anything and the lads have sheeted her down now and she is water tight which to me was the main thing and to be honest now it is water tight changing the roof is the furthest thing from my mind having had to stop again today with a back like mine that has just gone clonk :shrug: and has laid me up again so i can't even tinker :thud: .

Sorry about this and getting your hopes up but to say i am brassed off for messing you around is an understatement :embarassed: .
RobW

Post by RobW » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:17 am

No worries Brad, take it steady.

It's given me a bit of a prod to get restarted anyway, just need to keep going now! If you do decide you want the hard top lid let me know. Hopefully the garage will get my Dorma roof fettled this year....